Monday, January 9, 2012

Sneak Peek and An Ode to Orange

Back in August (it really can't be that long, blogger is lying I'm sure), I did a quick post about some orange fabric I was going to use in my daughter's room.  Here's a peek at the window treatments I just completed and installed for her this past weekend...





I'm particularly excited about the blue buttons/tufting I did to tie in the wall color.  (Yes, that's a pat on my own back.  Can't help it.  I get so excited!)  The rest of the room is still in progress, and at the rate I'm going, maybe you'll see the rest in May!  Oh man, I hope not!

On another note, who knew back in August that Pantone would declare 2012's color of the year as Tangerine Tango. 




Maybe I should go into the business of predicting Pantone's colors! (Hardy lol.)  Remember this post where I showed my office nook in progress with my wing chair (that I'd reupholstered the previous year)  in 2011's color of the year, Honeysuckle, before it was hot?  (Pat, pat on the back.  Shameless.  I know.)

Are you in or out on my favorite color of all time?  (That would be orange, my personal signature color.)

Talk to you soon,
Carol

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that like exactly the same color, isn't it?

    Looks great so far. She's a lucky gal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love orange too! I am planning on doing my dining room in orange and grey. I'm a new follower from http://nikkipullen.blogspot.com/
    Have a great week : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabric on those cornice boards - can't wait to see everything revealed. I came over from A Delightful Design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hopped over to check this out from Abby's lovely place...she was right, it's fantastic (c: Welcome to the block, girl!

    ReplyDelete