Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Bathroom Makeover with Grasscloth (Sneak Peek)

Remember this client?


We're meeting this weekend to go over some of my ideas for the master bedroom, bath, and powder room.  Lot's of work yet to do in the next two days, but the powder room is coming along and I thought I'd share, because, well, I'm totally excited about it.  Probably because I covet grasscloth.  Every time I see it, I want it.  And, it will be the perfect style fit for the powder room (around the corner from the living room above).

So here's a peek at the plan.  The embroidered linen to the left will be a roman shade, with the trim on the right dangling off the bottom of it.



And then there's the grasscloth in the middle.  I.  Love.  It.  Oh, yes.  I do.   The tile in the background is representative of maybe the countertop (it will be marble, perhaps), or the floor.  As I said, some work to do yet.

This is a choice for the mirror over the vanity cabinet...

I'm going for lots of texture in this bathroom as it is a plain box/rectangle.  I'm playing around with some molding designs to propose from a chair rail height down to the floor.  So really, I should be working instead of posting!  (My constant inner conflict!!)

Who else out there feels the call of grasscloth?

Talk to you soon,
Carol
 

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Carol! I'm in love with the living room, but your plan for this powder room is shaping up to be great. I love the fabric for the roman shade and the grasscloth is very pretty - so many colors in it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful plan. It's a toss up between the roman shade or the wallpaper as to what's my favorite. Thanks for sharing! I'm excited. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love grasscloth too. It looks like it's got kind a blue-green background that works with the living room paint. Or is that the photo? Or my eyes?

    Love all the textures anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am crazy about grasscloth and this one is a stunner! Looks like this will be a lovely powder room to go along with that killer LR!
    Cathy @ Room Rx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning, it's going to be beautiful Carol! You are awesome!
    x
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love grasscloth! And love what you are pairing it with - tis going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a huge fan of grasscloth! Love the texture it brings to any room. So warm and inviting!

    ReplyDelete