Sunday, January 29, 2012

Do You Have That One Thing?

Well, maybe it's a group of things, but I'm wondering if you have one thing in your home decor that really expresses who you are.  Here's mine...



I made this pillow about 10 years ago, when the living room in my old house was red/pink and green. (Still love that classic combination.)  It's now on my bed.  I can't imagine ever getting tired of it.

Why is it the one thing that is all me?  I will always adore toile (though my style is far from romantic as this toile suggests!).  I love mixing patterns and texture.  It's classic with some twist. It's my style in a pillow.

What is the one thing that is you and only you in your home?  (And if you don't have one, why not? :)

Talk to you soon,
Carol

5 comments:

  1. I have a soft spot for toile too. It's a classic that never goes out of style. I love it all over a room, walls, bed, upholstery.

    I'm a high contrast kind of person, if I had to pick one thing, it would be something dark and sculptural in a neutral environment. Vague, huh? I'm a little all over the place.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My one thing.. i have a framed quilted art piece i made that is hanging in the living room, but I think my favorite piece is the runner I made out of embroidered French silk ribbons. I may have to post about these one day.. what a wonderful post.. Your pillow is fabulous.. So glad that it still works into the decor. Oh yeah, if you only buy what you love it will! hugs, xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a tough one but I would have to say a pillow that I picked up around the holidays for a steal that I absolutely love. I look at it all the time and I can't imagine not having it in our home. It's helped me start to make some decisions about other items in our dining room, but I could also see it being used in a variety of places in our house. The colors and pattern are very me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, have always loved toile and combined it with black and white checks in my breakfast room window treatments.

    It is so hard to choose just one item in our home that defines me since everything is so painstakingly chosen to be perfect for us that we keep items for years and years, just refinish or reupholster. I guess that is what truly makes a house a home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my mother's sconces in our dining room...very French and old and I grew up with them.

    ReplyDelete