Friday, January 20, 2012

Design Board Part III. Done!

So, I finished the Design Board for my client who asked me to create a plan for her family room.  You can read about the progress of this board here in Part I and here in Part II.

Here is the completed Design Board...




Here is one of the pictures she sent me of the room, to give you an idea of the space...



This client has 4 children, two of which are teenagers and it is a very busy house!  She needs to maximize seating, so there will be another sofa at a 90 degree angle, to the right of the one on the board.  All family-friendly fabrics, of course. :)  Down the road, there will also be two small square ottomans flanking the media piece for extra portable seating as needed.

The sofa will be in the textured fabric in the upper right of the board, and the stripe in the lower left will go on the wood-framed chair and ottoman.  This client will receive a list of all the items I included in the room, how to get them, and an estimate of what they cost.  

When I post my Online Design Services, coming soon, you will see all the options available to you, and what they cost.  I can help you with anything from paint color to an entire room.  Your choice.  Of course, I always want to hear from clients who want to work with me in person! :) 

Stay tuned for more on this ahead.

What's up for your weekend?
Carol



4 comments:

  1. This is such a helpful tool. It it's hard for a lot of people to visualize the end product and this really shows how everything is going to work together. I love everything you picked. Can I steal it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those windows are awesome. I'm excited to see the window treatments added into the space. And love all of the flexible seating options for this big family. I'm working with a friend right now on a family room but it's long and narrow so we're just going to do sofa and two chairs. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be a fabulous room Carol! Love the new look of your site by the way!
    x
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's marvelous! Love your fabric choices - and the armchair is great!

    ReplyDelete