Sunday, January 15, 2012

Mark Twain's Good Words

Don't you wish you could meet Mark Twain, or Emerson, or Thoreau, or any number of brilliant writers from the way back when, whose words are so pertinent on any given day?

We are halfway through the first month of the new year.  Listen to Twain...



Twenty years from now 
you will be more disappointed 
by the things that you didn't do
than by the ones you did do.  
So, throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.  
Catch the trade winds in your sails. 
 Explore.  
Dream.  
Discover.

-Mark Twain-
 
Hmm, I say to that.  I'm challenging myself this year to go further from shore.  Are you?

Talk to you soon,
Carol

PS Thank you, For the Love of A House, I read this Twain quote in your sidebar!



1 comment:

  1. I read this quote the other day and kept coming back to it. Soar is such a great word - I'm going to print this out and display the quote - I love it!

    ReplyDelete