Monday, January 24, 2011

What of Other Colors?

Hard to believe, given all the hubbub about it's star, but Pantone has more predictions for this year beyond the 'it" color.  I can't bear to talk of that splashy shade once more, I'm so saturated with it (funny, I know), and there are some other luscious shades that deserve some serious attention.

I found this chart in the January/February 2011 issue of  Home Furnishings Retailer magazine today.  These colors are so incredibly gorgeous I had to share them.  And, it helps take away the winter gray outside that I cannot take for one more minute!





The bottom colors are Russet and Silver Cloud.  Not so great a scan from the magazine, and the colors are not exact, but you get the idea.  Fun, clean, happy!  Makes me cheery just looking at them (even though I remain an earthy, muted-color girl).

Sherwin Williams has also come out with its new color mix for 2011.  Quoting from the magazine,


"Status is no longer about consumption, it is about personal identity and colormix 2011 evokes that sense of uniqueness," so says Jackie Jordan, director of color marketing for Sherwin Williams.

Isn't that a great statement?  Hmm, same kind of individual style I was talking about here.  Anyway, Sherwin Williams has come out with four distinct palettes in their 2011 colormix: Purely Refined, Bold Invention, Restless Nomad, and Gentle Medley.  Here's an image from Purely Refined...




The article says this palette "whispers 'upscale' in an effortless manner and looks chic when paired with layers of chunky organic textiles."  Doesn't it?  I can't breathe because I love this room and this would be me, ocean side.  Yes, I am dreaming.  There's a couple of feet of snow in my yard, okay?   To read more about SW's new palettes, click here to connect to their website display.

Are you influenced by these new, clearer, brighter colors coming into favor?  Will you use them in the near future?  Or are you more muted than all this?

Talk to you soon,
Carol

10 comments:

  1. I love them all and actually have 5 of them in the room I'm writing in right now! Is that too much? ;-)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love color. That peapod is very close to the color in my guest room. The paint I used may be a tad darker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors are fresh & beautiful, and go so well with gray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colors. I adore bright shades that add pop to a neutral background. And I love white with color. I am ready to help my clients add a dash of sassy color to their rooms. What a fun post.

    Jennifer Duchene
    Home Makeover Mixtress blending lifestyle and laughter

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great love all the colors.Really think we are bold invention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love color but I tend to stick with what I like rather than the color of the year. These are all very pretty hues.(-:

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful are these colors. A friend recently did her kid's bathroom in something similar to Coral Rose and it's stunning. While I love my home's paint palette, what fun to clean-slate it and try some of these. Silver Cloud looks a lot like a Christopher Peacock Paint Color Mercury, which I'm considering for my kitchen cabinets. Picture this with Carrara marble countertops and dark, dark wood floors. Yummy is right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm pondering the statement, "Status is no longer about consumption, it's about personal identity." Living in Southern California (Orange County) I am not sure we are there yet but I think it is something to hope for.
    I am enjoying all the 'new' colors but will use them primarily for accents.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm definitely into the clear and bright (as you know) those colours are amazing! Love them!
    Great post Carol!
    x
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carol, thanks for featuring these colors, makes me ready for spring!!

    Love them all!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete