Thursday, January 27, 2011

How Lucky Do I Feel?

Blogging has opened up a whole new world to me.  When I started voraciously reading design blogs less than a year ago, I had no idea how hooked I would get, or how many great people I would meet.  And now, thanks to Abby at A Delightful Design, I'm a Stylish Blogger, too! :)



A few days have gone by since I found out about this, and it's taken this long to come up with the 7 things I'm supposed to tell you that you don't already know about me.  That's how this Award works.  You get the honor of it, share some stuff about yourself, and then pass it on to other bloggers you'd like to recognize.

So, here goes, 7 things about me...

1.  Last week, I celebrated 17 years of marriage to a man I love and admire and who's my best friend.

2.  I absolutely cannot eat cake and ice cream with a spoon, it must be a fork, and I won't drink juice out of
     a tall glass.  Weird and OCD, I know, lol!

3.  I've been totally afraid of heights for years,  but 2 years ago I went zip lining in Alaska to prove to my girls  that it's good to face your fears.  I did it with my stomach in my mouth and this summer, because of that, I was able to get on a two story ladder to paint my house.

4.  My favorite color to wear is orange.

5.  When I drive, I tend to hug too close to the right curb when I go around corners or back out of places and inevitably wind up hitting the curb with my back right tire.

6.   I ruined my knee skiing in college, had 3 surgeries, and didn't ski again for 15 years, until my husband took me to Austria to ski the Alps.  That's a whole 'nother story, lol.

7.  In my college years, I thought I'd be a writer, and then life laid a very different road.  Well, I guess that's sort of happened with this blog, and I love it :)


So there's all that about me.  Now, I look forward to reading things I don't know from these Stylish Bloggers!  Check them out...


So, there you have it.  Check out these blogs, you may find something new!  And, it's very late as I write this, and I can't get my list to look all the same, so I'm leaving it!  Enjoy!

Talk to you soon,
Carol


2 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you on #2 and it must be a dessert fork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daryl at Vermont CottageJanuary 28, 2011 at 2:44 AM

    Awe. Thanks for the mention, Carol. I'll get on this over the weekend.

    Isn't blogging fun? I agree with you: I had no idea how much it would change my life.

    Have a great day!
    Daryl

    ReplyDelete