Saturday, January 1, 2011

Thank Heaven for 2011




Happy New Year

As you stand at the starting line of this new year, I hope for you a slow and steady race, 
one with a manageable pace, one with joys and blessings, one with love and lessons.





My man and I had a fabulous New Year's Eve day walking around Newport, RI.  It's one of our favorite places.  Here are some shots from around town.  I took them after we had some fun in the shops, lunch at a local bar, and a toast with a friend we met for an afternoon Irish coffee.  A perfect day. 

I hope you can feel the cold salt air on your face like we did as you look at these images, from the wind off the winter water; come, take this walk with us...















































I start this new year thankful for the last.  Children.  Husband.  Parents.  Family.  Friends.  Dog.  And the simple joy of being able to walk the streets of a beautiful town with someone who loves me.  I am blessed with all of these. I hope the same for you.

Thanks, too, I must mention, to all the Followers of my silly "ok-I'll-try-it" blog, for making my Christmas wish to have 75 of you by the end of the year come true.  You, and all of my readers, are the best and such fun!

Talk to you soon,
Carol

6 comments:

  1. I've been to the mansions in Newport a few times but never really explored the town at all. Your photos are beautiful and really make me want to go back to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such a fabulous place to visit. I will have to add this to my places to visit someday. I love your thoughts about the New Year. As someone who has been a life long runner the analogy really hit home for me. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful town...looks lovely, especially in these evening pictures. Happy you had such a nice visit. Brrr...it does look cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw.. beautiful - the images and your words. I am happy to be one of your '75'! xo Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those photos are so beautiful and full of festive atmosphere... Wishing you a very happy new year. Love from London xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Carol, those pictures make me miss New England so much!! Beautiful! And full of great memories - wish we were with you guys! Happy, Happy New Year my friend, thanks for the walk!

    ReplyDelete