Monday, August 30, 2010

Decorating with Plates

Using plates in the design of a room makes for fabulous "artwork."  You'll typically see plates used in Country French, English Country and Traditional styles of design.  Personally, I'm a big fan.  Here are some examples...

Designer: Bunny Williams
Don't you just love the rug, too, in this picture below...

Designer: Bunny Williams

Here's a more contemporary take on Traditional....

Designer: Celerie Kemble

Designer: Celerie Kemble
And then there is the king of French-inspired interiors...

Designer:  Charles Faudree

Designer: Charles Faudree
You'll also find plates used in various ways in country style, too...

Designer: Unknown,   Source: Country Home Magazine

Lastly, here a two images from House Beautiful...



This is by far my favorite of this series of images, below.  I love the blue and white against the stone wall.  Rustic meets refined.  It's so textural and beautiful!

Designer: Unknown, Source: House Beautiful

Do you have plates hanging anywhere in your house?  If so, what's your personal style, I'd love to know!

Talk to you soon,
Carol






2 comments:

  1. Carol,
    I love that rug in the kitchen too but mostly white? I could never get a client to install that kind of rug in a kitchen. . . maybe it's all for show and photos :)
    x
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, I'm sure it is, too. When I look at beautiful design photos, I have to remind myself that real people live there and that photos don't tell the full story! It's so easy to get lost in pictures and forget. :)

    ReplyDelete