Saturday, August 7, 2010

Listen to the Legend: Dorothy Draper

"Never look back, except for an occasional glance, look ahead and plan for the future. Success is not built on past laurels, but rather on a continuous activity. Keep busy searching out new ideas and, experimentally, keep ahead of the times, or at least up with them."
Dorothy Draper 
Wise woman, that Dorothy. How is it that at a moment when you find yourself questioning what you are doing or where you are going and why you are blogging (or whatever it is that applies to your life), you come across a quote that makes you stop and think?  Is it fate?  Is someone telling me something that I happened to find this quote when I am so tired I can hardly see to write, let alone compose a coherent thought?  Ok, I'll take it.  For whatever it is worth.  After all, it's pretty sage (ha ha) advice, and it came from a decorator ahead of her time (and always moving further forward).  A woman who created the likes of this...

The Greenbrier Hotel
Dorothy Draper was bold and fearless.  I'll try a little of that tomorrow.  How about you?

Talk to you soon,
Carol


1 comment:

  1. Oh Carol, I am so happy to see you out here in BlogLand! Love Sofas and Sage, can't wait to see more of what you have to post! :) Lisa

    ReplyDelete