Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sophisticated Color

Sophisticated.  Stunning.  I want to live here.  Or, at the very least, have a friend who lives here so I can visit and sit in this chair and drink a fabulous Chardonnay while chatting and laughing with her before we make a fantastic dinner.

Designer: Amy Morris
Designer: Amy Morris
Designer: Amy Morris

And then, when I spend the night at this friend's house, I can sit here in the morning with my coffee and my laptop.  What a great dream to start my day!  Bravo, Amy Morris!

If you look at these exquisite rooms closely, the drama, the impact, comes from the use of strong color.  The rooms are extremely well edited, and each piece carefully chosen and crafted.  This look is very achievable for those on a more modest budget than what I imagine this budget to have been.  The key to the look is keeping the drama on the walls in the living room, and the absence of color in what I'd say is a bedroom, above, is what makes the window treatment and chair so dramatic.  The color must also be a sophisticated hue.  The furnishings must be simple but with great lines.  This is not to say that anyone can do what Ms. Morris did, but that we can all learn something from her use of color and classic, simple lines.

If you want to see more from this home by Amy Morris, click here to go to Traditional Home's website.

Talk to you soon,
Carol

1 comment:

  1. Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!

    ReplyDelete