Thursday, March 1, 2012

Before and After: Pool Room Progress

This is a partial before and after, but an important change in the progress of this Nantucket-inspired family/pool room.  I am so excited about this space I was jumping up and down (just a little bit, not all weird and stuff) when some of the pieces were delivered today.

When I first met with my client, this is how the family room looked...





"D" and her family live in a spectacular antique colonial in Massachusetts, full of nooks and crannies and interesting spaces.  She's done a great job with her home, but just couldn't wrap her head around the family room.  Why?  Her husband wanted a pool table, and she was on board, but had no idea how to make that work for the space.

At our initial meeting, she told me that she and her family spend a lot of time on Nantucket, and they wanted the family room to have that same kind of relaxed, beachy feel.  So, after some careful space planning and addressing the need for lots of seating, this is how the room is starting to shape up...





Today, the sectional and rugs were installed, along with two custom ottomans that I'm saving for the next post (so fab).  There are several pieces still to come.  Notice the vintage pinball machine in the back?  Totally cool.  (And yes, I should have straightened the roman shade for the shot.  Next time.)

I cannot WAIT to show you the rest of this room.  The second install will happen in two weeks.  Stay tuned.  Oh, and check this out -- the fabric on the custom sectional is by Sunbrella, an indoor/outdoor fabric that not only looks like linen, but you clean it with Dawn liquid dish soap and water!  Can you say kid friendly?

Have a great Friday,
Carol

4 comments:

  1. SO MUCH BETTER! Really love that sofa. It looks to me like a room that's going to get A LOT of use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunbrella fabric is the way to go in a space that gets lots of use. Great job, Carol. Love that sectional!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant wait to see it. I am adding you to my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how this space is coming together! What a fun space. I love the look of the sectional. A perfect mix of modern and traditional. :) Happy to find your blog through Mary Ann!

    ReplyDelete