Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Client Living Room Sneak Peek!

Of course, don't you know, I left the befores of this living room on the computer at the office!  I'll have to show them when the room is complete.  But in the meantime, I stopped at my client's house today to see how the painting was coming along in the living room.

It's been sprayed a Modern Masters metallic silver.  The depth of color from metallic is incredible, although it's a bit hard to see in these pics (iphone pics, not the greatest)...




Three walls of this living room have been sprayed, and the focal wall is being wallpapered.  While the metallic adds a sheen and depth to the wall, it is by no means cheesy-shiny.  You'd be surprised if you've never seen it done.




Anyway, this couple's wish for their dining room and living room was to have it feel like a lounge, like a glamorous place to entertain and relax.  The wallpaper, by Stark, has a silver metallic background and the flocked pattern is similar to a black velvet.  You can see (modeled by my lovely and patient painter), both the paper and the depth of the paint in the corner between the two...




What's to come in this space?  Lush, dark purple draperies puddled on the floor with black velvet ruffled trim along the edges, with sheer roman shades underneath.  Then there's the black, very modern existing sectional, two new custom swivel chairs in black and silver, a white shag rug, and occasional pieces.  If all goes according to plan, there will also be a floor to ceiling glass chandelier in one corner.

Can you stand it?  Total glam lounge.  Can't wait till it's done.

If you want to see more of what I've been up to, I'm linking up to Wow Us Wednesday's at Savvy Southern Style with my dining room redo.  There are always great blog projects to look at!

Talk to you soon,
Carol

5 comments:

  1. What the heck place is this? It seems like you've got a lot of projects going on.

    I think they should have a cover charge to get in to this room! It's very mod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project! This is different than your usual jobs, but very fun to watch! I have always wanted metallic walls. can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol, love that color and finish on the walls. Sounds like it will be a beautiful room! I linked to Wow Us Wednesdays too this week! See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol where do you get that fabulous silver paint. I love it!!

    Bravo!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I love the paint! And with the Stark paper... mmmmm goodness!

    ReplyDelete