Sunday, March 11, 2012

Coral And Orange. I'm A Bit Annoyed.

Huh?  Yes, I'm annoyed with all the attention that coral and orange are getting.   Here's the thing.
 
Orange, followed closely by coral, are my favorite colors to wear (yes, I know you know that). This has been the case for say, oh, two decades, maybe?  Orange, especially, has always been hard to find in great things to wear.  At the mall today, it was EVERYWHERE! Where I used to be original, now, I'm buying a trend!  By next year, when I am still wearing my signature, I will look like I was late to the trend party.  Don't you hate when that happens?  Surely, something like this has happened to you?

Here is the dress I will be wearing as I write this post.


source
Switching gears to design, I really love seeing my faves used in beautiful interiors.  It's a fresh twist when used in a traditional aesthetic, and I'm loving these images I borrowed from Pinterest.


source
source   





  
source

source

source

source

source

















I love all of these images (believe it or not, this is the first time I've used Pinterest. Patience with me as they aren't perfect and I'm really quite frustrated.  Oh, technology, you are not a joy.)

Anyway, have you ever really loved something forever and then looked like you were late to a trend when you still have it going on?  Really, it won't stop me.  Just don't like sharing my one true (color) love.  :)

Have a great week and talk to you soon,
Carol
.PS  The last image comes from A Delightful Design and my friend Abby.  She did a gorgeous coral ceiling in her guestroom.  Check out the rest of the room here

7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! Kelly green has been my fave for years and now it's everywhere! Beautiful images, great post and I LOVE your dress;)

    Charlotte
    www.simplylovedesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your dress but I have a hard time with orange...I like it but I find it hard to use both in the garden and my interior. In all of your pictures though it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you really get dressed up for us.

    I don't think it will matter in the end. If it looks great on you, then it will transcend the trend.

    Although I've used orange as an accent color a few times, I don't think I could live with an orange walls or on anything couldn't be swapped out in an afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, I hate it when the colors I love become a trend. totally. So then I don't wear it for a while, remove it from the house (only my accents are "color")for a while and then bring it back in when it's not last year's color! silly I know.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about technology, it can be a little frustrating at times. I love the tangerine images you found.I bought a tangerine sweater for the first time in my life. Have fun on Pinterest. You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well...you are certainly ahead of me...have not tried that yet! Love these colors and Abby did a fabulous job with her room!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dress is so beautiful! I love how glamorous you are. :-)

    I'm sure you are poking your eyes out from all the coral and orange everywhere, but I know you have such sophisticated style, that it won't matter what color your clothes are next year. You'll always look good!

    OHMYGOODNESS! Thank you so much for the shout-out on my guest room! You're too good to me.

    ReplyDelete