Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Outdoor Rugs Indoors

Outdoor rugs are coming inside more and more.  We have used them in several projects.  I've been a fan of faux sisal for a while, but when I saw a few very wool-loop-looking indoor/outdoor rugs by Jaipur, I must admit I was sold. 


Designers always hear "it needs to be family friendly," whatever it is.  Indoor/Outdoor rugs can be THE perfect solution when you have little ones, or dogs, or messy relatives, or people over who always drop stuff on your rugs (the ones you never really wanted to invite over anyway).  You can literally wash them off with a hose.  They fool you into thinking they might be wool. 

You know I don't endorse products, but I do like to share brands I use and love.  I thought you might benefit from seeing a few of their designs...


I could see any of these in a living room.



I'd be good with either of these as a twist in a more traditional room.  Could you?



I do see this orange one on a covered deck with white outdoor furniture, lots of greenery and bold flowers in great pots.  Near the pool.  My pool.  I digress. I have no pool.


I'm not much for cute, but this chocolate one would be killer in a playroom or a kids space, or even the back entry of a ski house.



So, have you ever thought of using an indoor/outdoor rug in your home?  You should really check them out.  You'd be surprised.  Jaipur is available online, or you could always email your favorite designer :) for help with one.  (Um. That would be me.)

Have a great end of the week!
Carol

3 comments:

  1. So pretty - especially the first one! I have a couple outdoor rugs in my home. I couldn't live without the Ballard one under my kitchen table! I have had it for several years and it still looks new. With 2 kids and a dog, I would be crazy to put anything else in there!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the designs. Your right they would look good inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look beautiful! I love the designs!

    ReplyDelete