Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Bones? Traditional

It's common to talk about the bones of a house.  More often than not, a well-done house is decorated to suit it's bones.  But what about people?  What do our bones say about us when it comes to how we design?

My bones rattle traditional, they always have.  I like a little sleek or contemporary thrown into my mix, usually in accessories and lighting.  But there is something about the feeling of permanence, of history, of "home" that traditional style evokes for me.  I came across these pictures from Traditional Home's website today, and I thought I'd share them. 



I love how much the pattern on the walls adds to the comfortable feeling here...









Here's a slice of heaven.  I love what the wallpaper adds to this bath.




I'm not much for blue and yellow for myself, but this is so me...





The kitchy tiles I could do without, but the window treatments?  Love them.  I know, they're swags, but I still love the casually-elegant way they are done...



What do your bones say about you?  I find that no matter if we add trends to our homes or change styles as we age, there is always a place in our decorating souls that we come home to.  What is yours?

Talk to you soon,
Carol

3 comments:

  1. The great thing about traditional design is that it is the most timeless look. Other styles look dated faster. I still can't decide my favorite style, I like so many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bones are bent a lot like yours. I love tho throw something unexpected into the mix, but the most important thing for me is that when it's all done it spells warmth. Come in, kick up your feet and stay a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love wallpaper in a bath as well! So beautiful and unexpected!

    xo
    E + J

    ReplyDelete