Friday, February 4, 2011

Another Pillow Pick Me-Up

Whew!   I finally installed drapes in my friend's dining room today. The project has taken quite some time, and the reveal is coming, but in the meantime, I decided to make a little something for me this afternoon.  I needed a pillow pick-me-up ,like I talked about here.

I'm not sad, mind you, I just felt the creative urge, and after having given away something I'd put some serious work into, it was time to do put my hands to work for me.  So, when I got home, I dove into my bin of remnants (it was a deep dive, I admit) and pulled out the makings for a pillow I've been tossing around in my head.   Here is what I started with...


The chinoiserie is Kravet, the animal print Fabricut or Duralee, I can't remember!


And this is what I ended up with.  A big, cushy, 22" down brownie.  I couldn't be more picked-me-up!  I just wish the weird yellow cast in these pictures was fixable.  I should really read the camera manual.









This pillow will eventually migrate to the living room, where I am going to be making some big changes this spring.  Can't wait.

What's your version of a pillow pick-me-up?

Talk to you soon,
Carol







12 comments:

  1. Nothing picks me up more than new pillows. Yours is super beautiful!
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love mixing patterns like this. This is a really fun combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After days or weeks of fluffy up everyone else's houses, to have a day or afternoon to really clean and re-arrange a few things is heaven! A new pillow works too! But for mine to be as immediate, it would be something I picked up at a shop! LOVE your pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol that looks great, Oh how I wish I could sew!! You are a very talented lady. Have a wonderful weekend. I am purging and working on the playroom re-do. I showed the fabrics today and tomorrow is paint reveal!!!! I love a fun project. Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daryl at Vermont CottageFebruary 5, 2011 at 4:12 AM

    Love it!! What's your fabric stash like if you were able to just pull these out?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love...I'm inspired! Two more months until the move and then I'll be sending you new room pix - I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol, I love the fabrics and that is gorgeous. I need to pull my new machine out and start using it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So funny how something so small can perk up spirits or add a little sparkle in a room! You've inspired me...now how do I thread that sewing machine again?! (smile) But, seriously....I'm gonna follow your lead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your creativity and talent amazes me. our dining room looks beautiful and it totally is my personality. you nailed it. can't wait for you to reveal it to everyone.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. love pillows and yours with chinoiserie and leopard print is to die for...
    found your blog via Carla @ Design in the Woods...
    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pillow, nothing like some chinoiserie to add some syle and panache to a room. It's so nice to do something for yourself, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your Asian inspired pillows:)I have sent you an award please pop over to take look!

    ReplyDelete