Thursday, February 17, 2011

I've Been Invaded by Scots

You know I like to find some kind of meaningful connection to the things I put on my walls.  So when I saw these prints of Scottish soldiers in my favorite consignment shop, I knew they had to be mine.  Perfect addition to my family room (my man and I both have some Scottish blood, and our good friends live there).

When I got them home, I placed them on the floor to decide on a layout.  This image was taken on the rug in my family room ( I wish it was my wallpaper).  It's a wool tweed with a leather boarder and I love it.  I digress.  Here they are...





I'm crazy about them, but the bright brass toned frames were a bit much, so I picked up some black water-based stain and gave them a makeover...






And here they are, on the wall...





That wraps up my day!  How was yours?

Talk to you soon,
Carol

5 comments:

  1. Hi Carol I love your little Scottish men what a wonderful find. I always forget about checking out the consignment stores. I should do that, thanks for the reminder, happy thursday,KS

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! Adding the slight bit of black to the frames really adds richness. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I love what you did with the frames. Sometimes just a little tweaking will make all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank god for new mats too! They're perfect for the room you're planning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you found those thrifting! I would NEVER have thought to add the black to the frames but it is sweet perfection. Genius! I'm just loving what you're doing to that room. Can't wait to see the whole room when you're done!
    abby

    ReplyDelete