Monday, February 14, 2011

Going (The Color) Green

I looked around my house the other day and said to myself, enough already with the green.  I love green.  Ever since my very first apartment 23 years ago (ouch) I have decorated with green.   Every room, in every place, at some point was done at least in part, in green.  Pea to perfect sage.  I've had it. (I mean I've had every shade, not that I'm done with it.  Oh contraire.)

In my current home, green tells it's story in every room on the first floor. Well, it's a somewhat open colonial, and I like flow, so there you go.  Anyway, tonight in the market I picked up Coastal Living's Style Guide and found me some green love on this Valentine's Day.  Thought I'd share some inspiring photos (all are Coastal Living unless otherwise stated).

Can you even stand how gorgeous these drapes are???


photo credit: J. Savage Gibson




I have fallen in love of late with blue green (another color I've always used) and yellow green together...

photo: photo: Deborah W Liewelleyn



I'm less of a clear, clean green person and more of a muted, earthy green gal, but this chest makes me smile...

photo: Deborah W Liewelleyn


To die for Romans...

photo credit: David Tsay


Painted green floors?  Heaven, my friends, heaven...

photo: J. Savage Gibson




photo: Tria Giovan


 The green on these cabinets is me, look up green in the dictionary, and there's my face next to this shade...

photo: Deborah W Liewelleyn



photo: Richard Leo Johnson


Love the olive green ottomans and the blue green chair.  I'm having coffee here...

Southern Living Tria Giovan



photo: Tria Giovan


A traditional green kitchen.  Hi, my name is Carol and I'm addicted to green.

Southern Living: Lori W Glenn


I can't be the only one who repeats a color in varying shades, year after decorating year.  What's your number one standby?

Talk to you soon,
Carol

7 comments:

  1. It WAS always blues and greens and everything in between, particularly turquoise. I do love those green painted floors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green is always so fresh and pretty...I like it combined with pink. These are wonderful inspiration photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue. It's always been blue. I love lots of blues, but for now my favorite is a smokey, gray blue -- kind of a slate. I also recently realized that I love gray and that many grays look blue to me. My living room, kitchen, and family room are all painted in Benjamin Moore Van Courtland Blue. Even my fireplace and kitchen backsplash have smokey blue glass tiles. Now all I have to do is find coordinating fabric for drapes and some rugs! It's been months! Violet

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREEN! I painted our first family room Great Barrington Green {BM} and there has been more than one green room with us ever since. I think this post has the most beautiful images you have ever posted. And all those window treatments you could die for? I'm dying with you! I even saved a few for my "new house" folder. :-)
    xo,
    abby

    ReplyDelete
  5. green!!! and I'm married to a man who isn't "into" green. but after 36 years he's learning. Even our bedroom is now sporting a gray-green color on the walls. And we both love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so lovely images. I am definitely into green--deeper olives and light yellowy chartreuse greens. I have a fresh grassy green in my office and am thinking of green curtains for the living, to go with the teal console I just painted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Those roman blinds are gorgeous. Enjoy the lovely day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete