Sunday, February 13, 2011

Finally Found My Fab

When it comes to making decisions for my own house, be it fabric, paint or furnishings, I take for.ev.er. to decide on anything.  My clients, however, get my absolute decisions in no time.  Very frustrating for me, let me tell you.  It's no wonder people hire designers.

But, alas, I have found love this Valentines Day eve with a fabric I ordered for my family room drapes today.  I had already picked up on clearance this equestrian fabric which I have been hyperventilating over since I bought it a few weeks ago.  In search of the perfect leading edge contrast, today I came upon this tiny green and brown hounds tooth check.  Heaven sang to me when I added in this trim, which will run the length of the drapes between the two fabrics.





To give you a sense of what my design will be, albeit the colors are way off (my walls are BM Wethersfield Moss, not limey like my picture), I drew this to share...





A tad elementary, I know, but hopefully you get the idea.  I wish my room were as bright and happy as this, but in fact, much to our utter dismay, this is a dark room.  So, I've tried to embrace the "atmosphere" (lol to call it that) and go for a look that is sort of English library.  You may recall from an earlier post that this find hangs in this room, too.





When miracles happen and I have some free time, I'll be putting these drapes together. I can't wait to get them up.  (By the way, I've had some readers ask if I sew for clients -- I did years ago, but I only design them now, except when my arm is twisted by a good friend).

What Fab thing have you found for your house lately?

Talk to you soon,
Carol

8 comments:

  1. Looking GOOD! Happy Valentines Day to you!
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are going to be fabulous drapes! In fact the whole room is going to be fabulous. I love the fabrics, great choice and wonderful trim.(-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore houndstooth! It's the perfect mate for your equestrian fabric. Show us pics when you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am in love this Valentine's Day....with those drapes! Perfect for your family room! When are you coming to NC to decorate my house with me? Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those drapes are going to be really really great. I love the two fabrics together and the trim is the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE

    The perfect fabrics/trim to compliment your familyroom..
    and i just adore the dancing bears..

    ReplyDelete