Thursday, February 3, 2011

Art and The Dancing Bears

My heart is beating a little faster today.  My feet are dancing a jig.  And my head is running a happy tune on a loop.  All because of this consignment shop find, which is so much better looking in person...






A closer look, you ask?





Okay, so some of your are saying that I've lost my mind.  So be it.  I'm in love.  The perfect amount of serious meets unexpected in my striving for an English library feel in my family room.   Believe it or not, in person you have to stare at it a few minutes to process what it is and take it all in, because it looks like a serious scene in a beautiful forest.  It also plays on my memory of zip lining with my man and my kids in an Alaskan forest, and seeing huge black bears in the woods below.

When I told the shop owner I'd like to purchase this today, he laughed and said that the snow storms did me a favor -- it kept all the interested buyers home.  So, I say, bring on more snow!  (In addition to the 4 feet that's in my yard!)  I've thought about this piece for two weeks, hoping it would still be there when I went back.  Today was the day.  Yippee for me!

Don't you just love a good consignment shop?

Talk to you soon,
Carol

6 comments:

  1. That's great! I love things that add a sense of humor to a room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this will be perfect for a library...it will really add a certain something to the ambiance of th room. Good find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol- I absolutely love it too!!! so much fun & it's the perfect blend of quirk & beauty.

    xoxo,
    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always have loved the dancing bears too. We're still waiting in Chicago for parking to ease up: I used the two snow-bound days to browse potential consignment shops. I'm impatiently waiting to go exploring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! Congrats on such a perfect find! This screams E211`nglish-cottage-library-unexpected. ;-)
    Miss you! I've been a bit out of it lately but I'm back!
    abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I were along that day you would've had to fight me for that print - I love it! It will go perfectly in my, I mean your, family room!

    ReplyDelete