Thursday, December 2, 2010

Leopard, Meet Reindeer...

Mama's back, people.  I'm feeling better and ready to tackle Christmas.  Today, I'm sharing my dining room table and chandelier, decked and ready to go.  I found some great leopard fabric bejeweled with gold sequins, and that was the start of the call of the wild.  (That would be me and the reindeer :).

My color theme this year is gold and red, probably my favorite, infused with some brown.  Putting photography challenges aside,  I'm pretty happy to show you  where the leopard inspiration took me...





























Next post, I''ll show you some tricks I used to make the two arrangements.  For the chandelier, I just used a bunch of natural looking stems I've had, and stuck in some berries.  Nothing is wired together, they are all just resting on each other.  It isn't perfectly balanced, and that's the way I like it -- nature isn't perfect either (thank heavens!).

You can see my color scheme this year, but what's yours?  Anyone using anything different and inspiring?  Please share in the comments :), we'd all love to know.

I've linked this post to the Christmas Link Party at Southern Hospitality -- click over and check it out, lots of gorgeous inspiration!

Again, thanks for all your kind comments and emails while I my sleigh was in reverse.  Now, full sled ahead!!

Talk to you soon,
Carol

11 comments:

  1. Love your leopard touches with the reindeer. I have used leopard touches at Christmas before, it is a fun mix with all kinds of patterns. One of natures neutrals. It really looks great with the red and gold.

    I have a black and white striped theme with touches of lime and a little pop of red!!! Love it in my dining room with the striped lime wallpaper, it was a fun project, Merry Christmas Kathysue

    I will be posting it next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, Steve! I'm not that on the ball with the tree. Truth be told, my girls put it up, put the lights on and started the ornaments for me when I was feeling crummy. This having teenagers thing has its high points! Actually, they're great kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, SO GLAD YOUR FEELING BETTER,I WOULD SAY YOU GOT YOUR MOJO BACK..CHANDELIER LOOKS FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo...so beautiful! Looks like your little rest did you and your dining room good! Everything is so gorgeous.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love the leopard print. Just not sure Mr. Traditional is up for that.. but we are working on it. I love the greenery on the chandelier and the reindeer. I love how you laid the greenery, pine cones and bulbs on the leopard. That is one gorgeous deer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and I love your blog spin - who else would think of Sofas and Sage - fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is some unexpected Christmas decor and I love it!! Found you through Providence Ltd. and so glad I found you! Hope you can stop by soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your tablescape!!! Introducing the animal print was just a fun thing without disturbing the traditional look. The reindeer are beautiful too!
    Where did you get that chanelier? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those deer are Faahbulous. Where ever did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carol, everything looks so pretty & festive at your house. You've been busy! Thanks for linking up. I love a little leopard thrown in too. I used some zebra in a couple spots this year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Makes me want to come on in and celebrate! Let the Season Begin! Glad you are feeling well.
    PS Love the effect the the leopard spots - nice unexpected element that really ties it all together. FUN!

    ReplyDelete