Thursday, December 9, 2010

Cute, I'm Not...

When it comes to decorating, I don't do cute.  It's just not me.  Except...at Christmas.  On my kitchen chandelier.  I let a little cute in the house.  But only because my cute Christmas birds are a little pretty, too. (Now don't get offended if you like cute -- I can appreciate that, I really can, but it's like wearing the wrong size shoe -- everybody has their own personal fit).

On to my cute-slash-pretty birds.  I bought these about 4 years ago and I love putting them in the kitchen every year for a little happy.  I mean, come on, how can this baby not speak to you? (Unless of course, you are in the camp that gets freaked out by birds in the house!  In that case, tune in tomorrow instead.)







I layer natural looking greens all around the base of the chandelier to give these guys a tree house to call home for a month...













Who can't find a little love for a bird with a hat and a scarf (but still a little pretty?)






Check out the earmuffs...(still a little pretty...)



















What Christmas decor in your house makes you a little happy? 

Talk to you soon,
Carol
PS   I'm at Color Outside the Lines for Friday Vignettes --check it out :)





6 comments:

  1. These are cute, but only is the best way. ;-) I don't do cute either. {like the bad version of hobby lobby}

    abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's just something about Christmas greenery and little birds that go together. With scarves and ear muffs, they are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They speak to me, they really do! So sweet and very much part of the season..Sort of like 'tweet treats' for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little birds!!!

    PS Thanks for the sweet comment on carsons playroom, we are both loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well my partner says I say 'cute' too often and I need to watch it, so this post is very timely. I adore whimsical and cute faces and these birds are so great!
    x
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

    ReplyDelete