Monday, December 27, 2010

It's Still the Holidays, Isn't It?

This week between Christmas and New Years is still the holidays in my book, despite my gasping "Aaahh!" when I look around blog land and read of decorations being taken down and new projects being posted.  Yikes!  I'm practically still in my pajamas opening presents.  Ok, well, not really, I did work today.

But tonight...I started on my table for New Years.  Actually, we're doing absolutely nothing on New Years, and instead having a dinner party on the 30th.  But, it's New Year's to me, so I swapped out my Christmas dining table and changed it over to winter glam.  My chandelier has gone snowy in honor of the blizzard...





I needed some low, snowy, icy looking arrangements for the table, so I took some vintage glasses I have and stuffed them with some pearl garland (notice my shiny gold fabric -- lovin it!).






Then added some white hydrangeas with sparkle, and a couple of crystal-y sprigs...










And I got my little snowy arrangements...





I'm not posting much this week, as I've vowed to take a break to rev up for the the new year.  But I couldn't resist sharing a bit.  (I say I'll slow down and take it easy, but I never do.  I can't.  I don't know how.)

I'll be back with a look at the party.  What are you doing for New Years -- are you decorating?

Talk to you soon,
Carol


7 comments:

  1. I love your glitzy, snowy New Years table!! so pretty and festive, Happy happy New Year. I am looking forward to knowing you better in the upcoming year!! hugs Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so pretty it almost makes me wish that I was having a New Year's party...love the glitter and the glam.(-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! We always set a different kind of table on New Year's Eve... a birthday table! New Year's eve is my husband's birthday!! We are still in Christmas mode... I haven't even cleaned up yet, ha ha! I worked all day IN MY PAJAMAS and really resented every work related call or email I got ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daryl at Vermont CottageDecember 28, 2010 at 5:48 AM

    Yes, yes, yes! It is still a holiday. I tend to not do a whole lot between Christmas and New Year's. This is a great week for me to read, relax, and catch up with friends and family since we don't have to work and there are a lot of teachers in the family who also have off. I really tried to put out Christmas decorations that could last until February so I love the snowflakes on the chandie. Your table is lovely. I have very similar glasses, but with stems :). Have a wonderful New Year's dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the snowflake crystals dripping off the chandelier! Those are perfect for winter.

    I don't do New Year's and tend just enjoy the last few days with the Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sexy glitzy new years eve tablescape...so looking forward to dinner..
    Happy New Year to all...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so elegant and beautiful.Makes you want to linger at the table.

    ReplyDelete