Sunday, December 5, 2010

Cha Cha's Christmas

My friend Charlene (Cha Cha) has fantastic style.  Leopard is her middle name, and her home at Christmas is something to behold.  My husband and I were invited to dinner last night, and I was giddy all day knowing we were in for a huge treat.  She knows how to make her guests feel incredibly special.  Do you have a friend like that?  I am one lucky girl to call her friend.

I took a million pictures last night, because everywhere you look in her home, there is something magical going on.  She calls her Christmas look this year "Euro-glam."  Check it out...




This cabinet is 1800's French...




Yes, she made the wreath...
















Even the wine was dressed for dinner...(can you stand this?)






Charlene pays attention to EVERY detail.  If you don't have a fireplace, you invent one if you're Cha Cha.  This is snuggled in at the base of her staircase...







Ok, then there's the fact that she is an incredible cook.  (Recognize the fabric on the table from my dining room? We went shopping together and fell in love with it.  We both had to have it!)













I couldn't quite capture her gorgeous white tree adorned with crystals, but this will give you an idea...






Even her kitchen window sill makes you feel warm and welcome...





Thanks, Charlene and Larry, for a lovely celebration of the season...






And ,I hope you enjoyed a little Euro-glam inspiration.


Talk to you soon,
Carol

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a warm, enchanting place. I'd want dinner to last all night long...especially with food that looks like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love it...I think that Cha Cha and I would get along very well.(-: What a wonderful, home to visit (and get ideas). And I am also impressed that she allowed you the time to photograph the food - which looked delicious! Thanks for sharing. Did she use fabic on the walls or is it a paint treatment...really georgous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to come back to look at the food and I'm trying to figure out that first dish is. Is it a turkey roulade or stuffed turkey breast? And those roasted vegetables look incredible. Nice carmelization!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magical. Hospitality at it's finest. I love the dressed up wine bottle. I love the tree, I love the table. the winter wonderland on top of the chest is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I know Charlene too, and though I've never been to her house, this is totally what I imagined it would look like. It's so her. Thanks for the peek!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ChaCha! 6 words. "Love it, love it, love it!" I live close enough, I want an invite. It is so warm and cozy and glamourous at the same time! I am so inspired, I want to go home now and decorate more.

    ReplyDelete