Thursday, December 16, 2010

Before and After: Dining Room Nook

Ok, I can't stand it!  I have to show you another peak at my friend Glen's dining room transformation.  I am so excited that I jumped up and down today when I completed touching up the stripes.

Here's where we started with this nook...





We had Glen's painter do below the chair rail in a satin finish black (BM Black) for a little sheen, and the back wall of the nook in an eggshell finish white (BM something -- can't remember).  The remaining walls above the chair rail have remained a light taupe.






You'll recall I painted the stripes...







And this is how it looks to-date...






I'm having so much fun with this makeover I would say that I am giddy.  Yes, I am 46 and I am giddy.  And, there's more to come in January -- this nook isn't done.

If you are new to my blog, you can read about the start of this project here, then progress here and here.

I'm linked up to French Country Cottage today -- check out all the gorgeous inspiration from other blogs.


Talk to you soon,
Carol

10 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the completed room...it looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daryl at Vermont CottageDecember 17, 2010 at 4:15 AM

    We all need giddy-worthy projects. Nice job, Carol! Can't wait to see the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing the entire room.
    Lovin' the stripes. A dining room needs a little drama. It's going to the room where everyone sits and stays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so darn amazing I just love it! The way it was before gave me anxiety and I found myself giving a big sigh of relief when I saw the after shot. Can't wait to see the whole room when you're done! I would be jumping up and down too!
    xo,
    abby

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think there's any better place for stripes than in a dining room. And I love the strong graphic pattern it adds to the room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous transformation~ love anything with stripes!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stripes look great! I love before and after, and look forward to more blogs about this room. Thanks for sharing!
    Happy Holidays,
    E&J

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carol, thanks so much!

    I have missed your project & wow, love the black stripes. This is going to be one stunning space. Can't wait to see it finished.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the boldness of this. I'm not much for stripes, but the project is amazing!

    ReplyDelete