Thursday, November 25, 2010

My Secretary's Now Working Christmas

She was slacking off, then she was on board for a short-term fall assignment, and now, finally, she's working Christmas.  She's at her best, I think, when she's in the spirit of the holidays...






She still needs a little work, but it's ok for now, at least until I drag out the rest of the 9 million boxes of Christmas decorations from the basement.   For now, a look at her progress...





This year, I gave her a little back-up help... (note to self -- don't use wrapping paper that has a sheen next year).




I've been collecting Christmas books for years.  My mom has given me quite a few of them...




The reason for the season...










So, this is how she's starting her work week, this coming first week of December (doesn't December really begin the day after Thanksgiving?).  If her job criteria changes over the next few days, I'll let you know.






What's your favorite place in your house to decorate?

Talk to you soon,
Carol

6 comments:

  1. Carol, this looks so warm and inviting. You really know how to put together a beautiful vignette. I am getting so excited to decorate for Christmas and this is making me even more excited!! Hugs Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol! I love your hard-working secretary! She certainly is looking very good this Christmas! lol The store in my post is the Queeen of Hearts in Alpharetta, Georgia...my favorite store! I hope you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful! I love the plaid paper in the back, the lamp and plate are great and love the books {I'll always love books in a vignette}. I have a few Christmas books, myself; I'd always order the ones from some favorite authors, especially Mary Higgins Clark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your secretary and what you've done with it, so beautiful!! I love decorating my mantle (I'm having trouble with my bookshelf since I added lights and a glass shelf on 5 of them going across-can't stick books on the glass shelves and now I need 'what not's for them instead' Since I like a clean look I have trouble buying knick knacks etc. Which is why you haven't seen my bookshelf on my blog since it was installed :) Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    This looks great! I love, love, love the plaid paper. So very Perfect for Christmas. Super!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so inspired that I immediately went to work on my "secretary"!

    I will email you the before and after pix! Donna

    ReplyDelete