Sunday, September 5, 2010

Different Window Treatments, Same Room, Part II

In my most recent post on window treatments which you can read here, I said I'd be back with more images.  So I parade them below, showing how one room can handle, and often demands, changing up the style of treatments based on the room's design.

Source:Traditional Home, "Bathed in White"

French doors don't always need to be treated, especially in a small space...


Source: Canadian House and Home,  photo:Angus McCritchie


Designer: Kendall Wilkinson


Source:Traditional Home

Liberating yourself from the mindset that all windows must be treated equally is a bit of a decorating relief, don't you think?

On an entirely different subject, Maria Killam, author of the incredibly popular blog Colour Me Happy, was just published in BC Home magazine (again!).  I think of Maria as my blogging mentor.  She's been so generous with her time and advice, and I can't possibly thank her enough.  I thought you might like to visit her blog, and see the success she deserves.  Click here for a decorating treat you won't want to miss :).  Congratulations, Maria!


Talk to you soon,
Carol


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention Carol! Love the chandelier in the second image!
    x
    Maria

    ReplyDelete