Friday, September 24, 2010

Kitchen Dreaming and A Guest's Recipe

A friend asked the other day when he'll see more food on the blog.  "When I have time, which will be never at this rate," is what I wanted to say.  Instead, I said "coming soon."  Uh-huh.

In the meantime, I thought I'd find an image of a kitchen of my dreams, and share a little cooking day-dream.  I came up short, though.  I found images of kitchens I like, but not my ultimate this-is-where-I want-to-cook-every-second-of-my-life kitchen.  So, let's look at a few, where if certain elements collided, they would  perhaps come close to that elusive kitchen in my mind...


Better Homes and Gardens

I really love the warm brown in here and the texture of the brick around the pizza oven -- it makes you want to sit down and stay a while -- maybe with a hot slice of artichoke, pesto and white bean pizza with a nice glass of wine on a rainy afternoon.


Better Home and Gardens

Minus the corbels on the counter bar, this is talking some of my language, too.  Cream, glazed cabinetry is my favorite, and those floors...I want to kick my slippers off and walk barefoot there in the morning.  There's coffee in my hands at that table, the dog across my toes, and a warm blueberry scone on my stoneware plate.
But I digress....


Eliza Gatfield and architect Stuart Disston

The island in this one -- pa-lease....how much would I love that?  Not the color, really, but the mix of all the elements -- wood, paint, marble. 


Southern Accents
This is the kitchen, above, that I want on days when I want my house to feel super clean, no clutter, no mess. (This is a day-dream post, after all.)


Traditional Home

I love love love black countertops.   I'm seeing pie crust and flour on that island table.  Can't you just smell an apple pie in that kitchen?


Traditional Home

The floors, the beams, those tables -- they absolutely sing to me in this kitchen above.  My heart stops over it.  And you know what I'm serving from this kitchen, while I drink champagne out of Waterford flutes (because the cut crystal is such an elegant foil to that stone floor)?  I'm serving this, below, from my friend Abby at Abby & Her Boys .


Abby & Her Boys

And when I bring my silver tray of these into the living room to have them with my friends, this is the living room we'll be hanging out in, while the autumn wind whips leaves outside and a fire roars (courtesy of my pyromaniac husband :) in the fireplace...


Better Homes and Gardens

And when this day of dreaming is done, and someone else has cleaned my dreamy kitchen, I'm cozying up in this bedroom with my man by my side (this is so not his dreamy room!) and the dog at the foot of the bed.


Better Homes and Gardens

Back to reality for now, my friends!  Enjoy your day, and I hope it's filled with a day-dream or two of your own.

Talk to you soon,
Carol

1 comment:

  1. Valuable info. Lucky me I found your site by accident, I bookmarked it.

    ReplyDelete