Thursday, September 2, 2010

Branching Out

I took this image while on a walk with my girls this summer.
  

photo: Carol Beck

A huge tree, planted in the middle of a crossroads, made us stop and look.   At the time, shortly before I started writing Sofas & Sage, I looked at it with reverence -- it is huge, stately, and has held its ground while two roads have joined around it.  Clicking through my photos today, I started thinking that when I was standing looking at that tree, I was at a crossroads, too.  About to start a new phase.  Branching out.  Soon to venture in new directions.


photo: Carol Beck
In the weeks since that day, I've come to look forward to sitting at the computer each day to write something for this blog.  I think my crossroads is starting to straighten out.  How important it is to never stop growing, no matter your age or your stage.

Talk to you soon,
Carol

3 comments:

  1. Amen! That tree is amazing, and would probably be really beautiful in Sepia and framed in your office. ;-) It is encouraging to hear of other people growing. I try...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great writing, I've been after something like that...

    Stuart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog post, I have been waiting for something like that!?!

    -Warmest regards,
    Anastasia

    ReplyDelete