Wednesday, November 2, 2011

High Point Highlight: Lighting

Oh, there is nothing like lighting to create mood in a room.  On a dimmer, it's magic in a fixture.  Whether you like yours sleek or dripping in crystals, you gotta consider something fabulous for your space.




At High Point furniture market last week, lighting inspiration was everywhere.  I'm not going to identify each manufacturer, but feel free to email me if you have questions on anything. (Check out the suspended daybed in the showroom above.  High Point really is incredible...)  When I was shopping around, I couldn't help but think of a couple of my favorite bloggers when I saw certain fixtures.

 Here are a couple for Abby at A Delightful Design.  Modern, classic, edgy all at once...




 Drum shades and shapes still prevail on the market...






Lots of cut metal overlays in both gold and silver finishes...


The linen shade on this one was beautiful...



I couldn't help but think of Nita at A Mod Vintage Life with these two.  I guess because they are vintage more than anything.  Wouldn't this be a great chandelier in a breakfast nook?




Or this one over the island of an avid cook with vintage flair?



This one I'm actually presenting to a client tomorrow.  I want it to hang over a creamy pub table and upholstered barstools in the Nantucket-inspired family/pool room of an antique colonial.  (There second home is on the island, and they want a bit of that vibe).  This little pendant is blown glass and is nicknamed "jellyfish" by the showroom folks.  Love it.  Hope she will!


Here's a cool shot of how they hung them in the showroom...



Steve at An Urban Cottage, I couldn't help but think of you in this particular showroom.  Everything was repurposed into some fantastic looking pieces.  These lamps were something else in person, and the table they were on was incredibly creative...


On blogs and elsewhere we see a lot of modern happening, but classic and traditional will always be fresh.  Here are some pieces that I thought were super pretty...




Great detail on this chandelier, with hand applied quartz beads...



This one would be stunning over the island of a formal kitchen.  I've got a crush on this...


























Changing gears, here's a rope-wrapped chandelier that would look great over a highly distressed white table surrounded by industrial looking chairs.  Of course, having the french doors open to the ocean might help the look :)




These are just fun.  Really fun...




More simple ? (haha)



 Now, something for me.  These two wall fixtures are different in size and statement, but they are both. so. me.







Well, I'd love to know which of these you find inspiring.  My comment link is finally working!
Talk to you soon,
Carol







6 comments:

  1. Carol, I wondered what happened to you! Thought you were too busy working to blog maybe. Nice to see you here again and I'll follow this blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the little wall piece in picture 19. Fun to see the ideas.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did some good picking. I love the ones you got for me. When will I get them?

    Nita's are spot on too. The second one with just the spoons is something I would consider too.

    Jelly fish lights are really fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...lots of pretty lights! I LOVE the one that is all spoons. Wouldn't that be fantastic in my dining room?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the kitchen chandeliers! Something else to DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the third from the last. The glass curve is something which you will not find in a typical chandelier.

    ReplyDelete