Monday, November 14, 2011

Before and After: The Bones are In

So I got out of bed at 3 am on Sunday to get to the office for something I forgot, pick up a friend, and drive out to the Berkshires for a furniture install.  Man, it was one long day.  Movers who were coming up from North Carolina showed up at 2 instead of the 9am I was rushing for.  Ugh!!  Can you say intravenous coffee?



Anyway,  this past summer I posted here about a carriage house I would be doing for a past client -- a girl's getaway (really, a place to stay when this career woman is working nearby).  This original painting was the inspiration for the color pallet. (I'm sorry I don't recall the artist.  This is a favorite artist of my client, and this work was purchased at her favorite gallery in San Fransisco.)























Before my client bought this charming, cozy house, some college guys were renting it.  (Wish I had those before shots!  Quite something.)   After we chose fabrics, we decided on colors and every room was painted.  Here are pictures of how it looked when I got there Sunday morning, and what it looked like when I left.  So much more to do with window treatments and accessories, but the bones are now in place!

The great room...





I absolutely love the lines of these nesting tables.  I want to use them in every project I do (of course, I won't!)



It's killing me to show this room without window treatments.  The artwork will go over the sofa, and fabric is desperately needed on the windows behind the chairs, but...let's move on...

The sleep sofa in the den has great modern lines.  The room is so empty I'm only showing a peak, but hopefully you're getting the feel of the color flow on the first floor. The wall color in here is a pale gray with a purple undertone.
























Upstairs there are two bedrooms.  One for the lady of the house...

























(I'm not a great bed maker!!)  The bedding is from Pine Cone Hill (the duvet is missing from the insert and shams are back ordered.  Oh well!).

The second bedroom, is for any one of her three children...


The headboard and bedding are from Ballard Designs.  (The entire first floor is custom, except for the Dash & Albert rug.)

My client loved this fabric from Serena & Lilly below, and it was the one thing she really wanted to include.  The fabric on the sofa pillows was Serena & Lilly as well.  Have to love a client with great taste!




So this is what I've been up to lately.  Between this install and the one last Friday, I'm kind of tired!!

Who's ready for Thanksgiving next week?  Aaahhh!  So not!!

Talk to you soon,
Carol






6 comments:

  1. I really love the upholstered pieces especially the chairs and sleep sofa. I like how the wood pieces relate to the kitchen cabinets. Windows treatments and pillows will totally change these great bones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow, WOW!!! Holy moly girl, this place is looking fabulous! Also just got caught up and saw the Southwest meets Traditional post - another outstanding job - so impressed - and I think basing a design on a rug is one of the best places to start, since it fills so much of the room. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, love what you're doing here! Great cool palette and some wonderful furniture pieces. It's going to be fabulous! Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that rug....I think this room will be fabulous when it is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous taste! Thanks fir sharing your beautiful work! How inspiring! Excited to be your newest follower! Have a fabulous day!
    - Moy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like Miles Talbott, no?

    ReplyDelete