Sunday, November 27, 2011

My Desk is Decked

Do you decorate your workspace for the holidays?  I never have.  Until yesterday.  Now I'm hooked.

It started because I've been a bit housebound from knee surgery.  What to do?  I took out a pitcher I'd bought this fall at an antique shop in Connecticut.   (Love. At. First. Sight.)  It's Spode "Fox Hunt" from the 50's.




Ridiculously me, this pitcher.  Anyway,  I hobbled out to the yard for the greenery (okay, not really, my knee is doing surprisingly great).  I love the smell of fresh pine (with some some fake winterberry for color).




When my perfectly imperfect arrangement was done, it dawned on me that it was the perfect color combination for my desk.  Why not?  I sit there so much it would be nice to be surrounded by some holiday.  So, off I limped (exaggeration, but are you getting the effect?) up the stairs and found her a perfect spot.





Zoom out?  Okay...






Zoom in...





I'm delighted by how much joy decorating this new spot is giving me.  It is where I am sitting, typing at the computer, as I write this post.  I am totally holidayed by it!

Do you decorate your workspace?

Talk to you soon,
Carol





5 comments:

  1. It "is" the perfect place for red and green. What a beautiful place to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole room looks lovely judging by what I can see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez...I am lucky if I can decorate some area's of my house......beautiful pictures...love the pitcher by the way and your greenery just highlights everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Carol! Such a lovely space to work in! Hope your knee gets better soon, ouch!
    x
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bit by bit we are decking the halls of our home. Have not gotten to our office yet but are sure it will be brimming with Christmas in the next few weeks.
    Hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving.
    xo E + J

    ReplyDelete