Sunday, November 6, 2011

What A Difference A Drape Makes

You know I am a window treatment nut.  (If you were reading this blog in its former life as Sofas & Sage, you know what I'm talking about.)  Anyway, I just installed drapes and roman shades in a single guy's beautiful home.  He needed the space warmed up.  I think he got it.

Here is the tv and music room off the kitchen before (okay, the phone pictures are really bad)...




Add some drapes and roman shades and this is what happens...




Another view...



Now...



The fabric on the drapes is Fabricut (If I remember it right) and the romans are Calvin Klein for Kravet.  The fabric is called Crinkle and it has the most fantastic texture, all of which is lost in these images.  :(




The room was so hard to photograph as it was very bright, and I had about two minutes to do it.  The room still has a way to go, but it's coming.  Accessories and pillows are on their way.  What a difference a drape (or a day) makes, don't you think?

About House and Home Defined, you'll be seeing changes to the design as I go along.  Just too much for me to tackle all at once.  My "Who I'm Reading" blog list on the left is in the process of being restored from Sofas & Sage, but I couldn't bring my Followers with me.  What a bummer.  So, if you are new to House and Home Defined, or coming over from Sofas & Sage, please consider becoming a Follower?  Thanks so much.

Talk to you soon, Carol



4 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job - love the blinds.

    The TV front and centre over the fireplace...is he insistant on this?

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's a really difficult space to photograph.

    Totally warmed up that beautiful space. I really like the layering of window treatments. Great columns.

    Also head over heels for that leather wingback! Do you know where that's from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the name! Drapes make such a difference I just love them!
    xo
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have both your sites on my sidebar to you are up and running all the way--love, love your ideas. This room is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete