Wednesday, November 16, 2011

High Point Highlight: Lavender Love

Could you fall in love with lavender?  I never really had a thing for it, until I went to High Point and saw it in a whole new light.  On trend but always classic, lavender is one of the new "it" colors.  Check out these inspiration images, and maybe you will swoon, too.

My favorite interpretations were in the brilliantly done Lillian August showroom (the next several shots).  This sofa is heaven to me...


























I. want. these. pillows.  And, the sofa too.


The velvet and the orchid.  Mmm Mm.



Could this be any more me?  Uh, no...



This one was more modern and just gorgeous...
























Lillian August was my favorite showroom for color inspiration and style.  Just breathtaking.

Duralee put on a great lavender love story, too.  The next to are from the Duralee showroom...


















































Okay, I couldn't resist this guy on the street.  Never really figured out why he was there.


























So what do you think -- is lavender for you?

Talk to you soon,
Carol





5 comments:

  1. Umm, no.

    But I have to admit I love the aubergine wingback. I'd make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I would have know you were at High Point. Would love to have met you in person! I remember seeing that dog on the street! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it in small doses. I do love that tall wingback though! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like a really gray lavender. Even on walls it can go with so many accent colors. I love that dog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, the dog won me over. So, yes, to your question! I wonder if my Sam would like to be spray painted?! Congratulations on your new site! Very exciting. And, I look forward to visiting. Hope you're enjoying a nice holiday weekend, -s

    ReplyDelete