Friday, August 31, 2012

Should You Use Grasscloth in a Bathroom?

Grasscloth or any natural wall covering should definitely not be used in a high-humidity bathroom.  But in a powder room?  Perfect!

Here's a look at what I've been thinking about for my own powder room...


Maybe this Sanderson embroidery on linen as a Roman Shade, with one of these Thibault grasses.  I've been obsessed with finding the perfect grasscloth since I did this client's powder room.



I picked up this Weller pottery jardiniere (circa 1920's) at a consignment shop last weekend.  I thought that if I go with one of the looks above, this might make a great planter on the vanity top.  We'll see.  With my own stuff, I usually go through several (ok, about three hundred) looks before I ever decide on anything.

Hope you have a great long weekend!  Thanks for reading, I appreciate it so much.
Carol

2 comments:

  1. I clicked over to your powder room remodel and it is gorgeous! I love grasscloth and am deciding where to put it in my current remodel. Sadly my bath has a tub and shower so will not work there but stay tuned. While blue is not my favorite color, the blue grasscloth you shared is also gorgeous and love it with your mix of fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love grasscloth anywhere. One of my favorite looks!

    ReplyDelete