Thursday, August 16, 2012

Garage Doors

Garage doors can make or break a house, don't you think?

I took the following two images while on vacation in a colonial district, and it got me thinking about the impact garage doors can have.


I think the direction of the boards on this one is great, it made it stand out on the street, and the black doors below, on an antique colonial garage, were so appropriate...



All of the doors I'm showing are indicative of the type of home I like.  While I'm not one for stained-wood millwork inside (you're laughing if you know me), I do love stained garage doors...


texasgaragedoors.com

texasgaragedoors.com
I'm loving the wood, above, with the brick and green-gray trim.  Hello!  I'm home.  Actually, if I'm picking, the one below is more me (in my dreams)...


idcdoors.com

This next one, from Pinterest, says home to me...


And, well, these doors would be great on my spread by the ocean...



Wouldn't this be a charmer to come home to...



Painted doors, something other than white, when right, gets me every time...

Source: houzz.com via Simply on Pinterest




But, white can be soooo right...

Source: houzz.com via Allison on Pinterest


As with everything in decorating (as in life:), it's all in the details...



I think garage doors are like a face on your house, and they should make you feel as welcome as the rest of it.  That said, mine have a sad face.  Boring and standard.  But a girl can dream, yes?

Have a great Friday,
Carol

5 comments:

  1. That's my dream too! I think pretty garage doors are a must if your garage is on the front of your house..which many houses have. I hate garages on the front so much I'd rather have a detached one like I have. But....oh...I want some pretty doors. I painted mine a good color last year...but they are still ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's something I don't think about much, but you are totally right - they make a huge impact. I LOVE the dark stained ones
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you HAVE garage doors! And a garage... soon, perhaps...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say it's true that garage doors can make or break a house especially when we talk about beauty. Wood garage doors are also great, just like the photos you posted. Thanks for sharing.

    Hallmark Garage Doors
    http://hallmarkgaragedoors.com.au/

    ReplyDelete