Tuesday, August 14, 2012

John Derian's Fantastic Plates and So Much More

from John Derian.com

 Does everyone know about John Derian, and I'm just late to the party?  I discovered his brilliant decoupage work this summer, in one of my favorite shops, Cottage and Garden, in Newport, RI. 


John Derian at Neiman Marcus

I picked up a gorgeous plate, similar to this one with the rabbit, and I fell in love.  With the plate. Okay, and then everything about the guy when I checked out JohnDerian.com.  

John is a decoupage master.  His isn't the stuff of a kitchen-table craft project.  Every glass plate he creates is art.  He works out of his studio in New York City, and has a store in the East Village.  If you check out his website, you'll see his work is carried in shops everywhere.  Who knew.

I took a few images from his site to show you, but don't be fooled by the ones I chose -- his subject matter is highly varied.





You really have to check out his collection.  On line, he also shows his additional offerings...



Furniture he designs...

Heaven help me, I want these pieces in my home.

Vintage lighting...

Linens...


Who wants to visit his store in the East Village with me?  Uh huh.  Knew you'd like him :)

By the way, I don't know John Derian, and I've got zero personal connection to his stuff, other than I wanted to share it because I found his plates, in person, to be gorgeous.

Hope you have a fabulous day!
Carol

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Carol, I'll go with you! Love his stuff. Now I've got to go look for some around here. The plates are stunning. The furniture is curvaceous and luscious. Linens... yum. thanks for the inspiration.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have seen his things before and love everything! Would love the linens for sure!

    ReplyDelete