Sunday, August 26, 2012

Before and After: Reupholstered Chair

Call me crazy, but I really enjoy doing reupholstery.  Have you every tried it?  It's a ton of work when done right.  But so worth the effort.  Here's my chair, complete, in my living room...


I'm in the middle of a redo of my living room, completing projects one at a time.  You may recall I did this chair a while back.  It sits opposite the new ikat...


And, here's the before of the ikat.  It went from this...



Through this...




And ended up as this...



Sometimes, being an avid DIY'er makes redcorating take forever (when you work full time and have a family)!  But, the satisfaction is something I'm addicted to.  It's a high of sorts.  Know what I mean?

Have a good week,
Carol

8 comments:

  1. You amaze me with this upholstery thing. That looks beautiful. And the pillow is gorgeous. I supposed you made that too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chair. It looks great. I need to try my hand at upholstery. I can sew and think I might enjoy it. I have made cushions before. I really want to make some slipcovers. I need to just do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I am amazed that you can do this. The chair looks gorgeous and that pillow is perfection! I can't wait to see what you do with your store!
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love the fabric and your upholster job is fantastic! You are so talented. Can't wait for your pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented - GREAT job! Love the fabric you selected :D
    Happy Monday Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could sew! The stapling I can do, but the cushions, zippers, and double cording / piping I cannot. Your chair turned out awesome! Love the Ikat :)
    Cheers,
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the chair! The fabric is super cute. How long did it end up taking? I recently refurbished a chair as well, although it didn't have as much fabric, so it was much easier to reupholster I think.
    I really love your end result though!
    Thanks for sharing!

    -Jordan :)

    ReplyDelete