Thursday, August 9, 2012

Decals and Stencils -- Low Cost Impact

Yesterday I posted about the power of paint using my friend Lisa's new house.  Now for a decal and a stencil.

Her powder room is, like many, fairly uneventful save for the nice wood flooring and mill work.  So, I suggested she stencil the walls with these colors and add a little wow factor.  It's a work in progress, but here's a peak...


background: Ben Moore Warm Springs with Ben Moore Apple Blossom stencil color


Now for the gorgeous progress she's making on her daughter's bedroom.  The blue paint is Behr Peaceful Night, and the branch decal comes from Stickerbrand.com.  (She did this all without me, I can't take the credit.)  I did, however, convince her not to get rid of the dresser, and instead paint it white. :)


Clearly, the room is in the middle of chaos and redo, so don't mind the mess. :)

Keeping it short today.  Have a great Thursday!

Carol

7 comments:

  1. Hi Carol! Good to see what you have been up to! LOVE the decal and the stencil. I have not used stencils but am so envious of those who do them well - the decals are more "doable" for me and I love using them. Hers looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The decal is really cool. I love the depth of space it adds to the room.

    And what a GREAT wall color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought a stencil and every time I try it the paint spreads beyond the boarder.I'm now going to try a new brush. Frustrating! If you know a trick on how to solve this, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there!

    I found your blog via Simplified Bee and I love this post. Great idea to paint the dresser white! This room is going to look fabulous.

    I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol I think stencils can add so much punch to a room! Love these you've shown us!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena
    2012 Artists Series featuring Harrison Howard

    ReplyDelete
  6. The very undeniable fact that you've got appointed a debt negotiator on your behalf is often a sign that you happen to be a poor risk instant loan online are you roaming around really stressed and worried as you're facing the
    situation of inadequacy of funds.

    ReplyDelete