Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fish and Bruschetta. Because I Couldn't Grill Another Thing




Fish?  With Bruschetta?  Yup.  I did it.  It was delicious.  If I do say so myself.

Here's the thing.  Every summer, I get to the point where I cannot eat another grilled anything.  Can't do it.  Seriously. Sooo sick of it.  Tonight, I hit the wall.  I had some gorgeous garden tomatoes that my mom and dad gave me, and my daughter wanted fish.  What's a tired, worked-all-day-on-other -people's-homes mom to do?  Combine two cravings and hope for the best.



It was totally fast to prepare and it was really good, even without the crositini I wanted so badly to make. (I'm in a bet over new shoes with a friend to lose 10 lbs, and I'm determined not to be the barefoot looser.)

So you know that bruschetta is (for me anyway), chopped tomatoes, fresh crushed garlic, olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, finely chopped red onion, salt, pepper, and lots of fresh basil.  Simple and fresh.  The fish?  I just bake it with a tiny bit of melted butter and a kiss of seasoned breadcrumbs.  No Giada here, very basic.

Give it a try.  And if tomatoes over fish doesn't do it for you, go ahead and put them on the crositini.  I'll be thinking of you.

Mongia!

Carol

1 comment: