Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Window Wednesday: First Update

So you  know how when you're a kid, and you see your teacher in the store, and you can't wrap your head around it because your teacher doesn't have a real life...she's your teacher?  Well, that's sort of what it felt like stopping by to visit with Steve from An Urban Cottage.  Blogger and husband meet Blogger.  And see the house.  Fun, I tell you.  It wasn't weird-out-of-context, but  more like hanging with an old friend.

Steve was the first reader to send me pictures for my Window Wednesday series last year (see the post on Steve's dilemma here).    I've  loved doing the series, and hopefully, it's been helpful.  Steve sent me pictures last week of his guest room progress, which looked like this when he wrote to me that he needed to solve the gap problem between casing and ceiling on his very low windows.

Remember his windows...




I suggested doing something like this, perhaps with a woven blind  (I used color for highlighting purposes, not as color suggestion)...




Now, here's Steve's progress.  After clearing out the room, he glazed over the wallpaper to soften it (read about that here), then he installed and painted new windows, then the window treatments, and, like usual, took an artful shot of a bit of the room as it is now...











Don't you love it?  He never ceases to amaze me with his creativity or his photography!  And believe me, the house is just as cool in person as it looks on his blog.

I hope you've enjoyed this update.  I'm looking forward to doing more Window Wednesdays, so...

If you would like me to solve a window issue, suggest a treatment, critique what you have, or anything window related, please send me an email and picture to SofasandSage@gmail.com. The only requirements are that you 1. Become a Follower in the right hand column, or let me know that you already are, and 2. Leave a comment on this post.


Talk to you soon,
Carol



For professional help with your home, please email me at SofasandSage@gmail.com























2 comments:

  1. That looks great and I love the muted wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic! Don't you love when people trust your advice and actually use it?! I may be writing in with a window Wednesday dilemma. I think you're such a pro at that! Are you solving many window troubles in your new job?
    xo

    ReplyDelete