Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day and the Magic of Duct Tape

First, Happy Mother's Day to all of you women out there who have shared the joys and tears of raising a child.  There truly isn't anything to compare it to, is there?  Even when I have been exhausted or have beaten my head against the wall for the hundredth time over moral lessons or picking up clothes off the floor, I would do it all again in the blink of an eye, wouldn't you?

Now for the duct tape...I'm sure you've seen the new patterned duct tape in stores or on the web, used to make everything from handbags to wallets.  But my girlfriend's daughter, wanting to get rid of her "babyish" Disney princess waste basket in her new zebra-inspired bedroom, came up with this...





I'm thinking she's a decorator in the making!  She's all about style, this kid :)  She made her mother, my friend Ginny, pretty proud (especially as she always says her daughter must really be mine with the creativity thing hee-hee!)

Hope your Sunday was a lovely one.

Talk to you soon,
Carol

1 comment:

  1. I'd definitely say budding designer! Very nice transformation! :) Happy Belated Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete