Wednesday, May 11, 2011

This House I Visited Today

So I was on day three of the new job today at Perfect Touch Interiors, which I talked about in this post, and I had the great luck of driving down to the ocean with Lori, who designed every inch of this home.  I thought you might like to see a glimpse of her work.  This is not a vacation home, but a year-round residence occupied by a family with four active boys.


This home is warm, elegant, and full of gorgeous details.  Let's start in the entrance to the kitchen...








 Up on the third floor is the mom's office.














 Is this kid's playroom cool or what?





 The kid's areas have some beautiful hand-painted murals.  Here's their bathroom.



 






 Down the hall in one of the boys rooms is this fantastic ceiling...




 Things are more serene in the parent's retreat...











And then, back downstairs, you get a glimpse into this lovely little den that seats two, where a television is on a lift system inside this beautiful cabinet.





I hope you enjoyed a peak into this home.

Since posting here about joining Perfect Touch Interiors, I've had a few emails asking why I just didn't go back out on my own after leaving the world of retail design.  Well, I'll put it to you this way.  I've been on my own.  It's not always fun to work in a vacuum.  And when I talked with Lori on a whim and it turned into a discussion about a job, well, it was pretty much a no-brainer.  I felt like that big old hand of fate was telling me something.  And after three days, I feel like I have known these women for years.  Let the fun begin, I say.

Talk to you soon,
Carol

PS  Thank you to the gracious client who let me photograph her home.




I'd love to help you with your home.  Contact me through SofasandSage@gmail.com. 

4 comments:

  1. There are some details here that I really love. The stonework, the window treatments, especially in the master bedroom where the curtain rod needed to be below the beam and the gap was filled with the box pleated valance is genius. GENIUS! Also love the walls in the den that looks like tweed. What is that? LOVE that!

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that master bedroom. Looks like you are going to busy, Carol! Congratulations on the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love home tours! Thanks for taking us inside...And good luck with the new job. Sounds perfect, new and exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I don't remember leaving you my key....that was gorgeous! Good bones and great decorating...hope you're having fun. Dream, create, execute!

    ReplyDelete