Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Family Room Done!

Ready to begin.  Open to ideas.  Fun to work with.  That's how I would describe the clients whose room is below.  I stopped over today to measure for some dining room window treatments and took a quick snapshot of a bit of their family room.  




When I first came to look at this room, it was completely torn up.  No molding, a massive dark stone fireplace, no furniture or wall color.  Watching a room evolve is a great joy for me.  Weird, but true.    The color is a bit off in this image.  The sectional to the right is much warmer in color than it appears.  The chairs have a subtle pattern that relates.

I measured the windows and went on my way.

Do you ever feel like you don't know where to begin sometimes?  Whether it's decorating, dieting (where I'm at right now!),  making a career change or studying for an exam, you have to start somewhere.

"If we wait for the moment when everything is ready, we shall never begin."
– Ivan Turgenev, 19th cent. Russian novelist

Begin something today... decorating, perhaps?

Talk to you soon,
Carol



I'd love to help you with your home.  Contact me through SofasandSage@gmail.com.

4 comments:

  1. I really like the dark blinds and all the trim work in white. The room looks cozy but neat and pulled together at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job this looks beautiful! What a wonderful transition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty room...love the zebra throw pillows

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely room. Love those comfy chairs with the patterned pillows. Can't wait to see what you do with the window treatments!

    ReplyDelete