Monday, May 16, 2011

The Charming House that Held the Party

I like to look at everything in my environment as my own personal on-going education in design.  There is always something to be learned.  This past weekend, at my neice's college graduation party, I was as enthralled with the house, the yard and its design as I was with the occassion.  




It was an enchanting Victorian row house in a town south of Philly.  The party hosts owned the main house we were in as well as the next two houses in the row (the hosts were lovely people from the college).  The yard was rather large as it was one yard made from the three.


 " It's more interesting to have just a picture of a small detail,
 then you can dream all the rest around it. Because when you see 
the whole thing, what is there to imagine? " ~Dries Van Noten





The image above was a small guest house, I believe.  I loved the details and thought they would be great to share with you.  Lovely, yes?  Below is a bit of the back of the house, the whole of which had been bumped out with great detail (but I only photographed this section as I didn't want to show party-goers on the blog -- privacy, you know?).






The door below looked to be the entrance to the back of the middle house (or the attached shed, I really couldn't tell).







Then there was the beautiful pool and hot tub....






And the oh-so-charming gate to exit the yard to the driveway...





The landscaping throughout the yard was nothing short of gorgeous.  Again, limited photos for the sake of privacy...






It was a great house.  I wish I could show you the fantastic inside!  Instead, I'll end with this photo of me with the graduate (on my left -- I'm a proud Aunt), my other neice to her left, and my girls (in the hat and stripes.)  Though you can't see it, we were sitting in the fantastic pool house.





Do you see design in everything around you?

Talk to you soon,
Carol

PS  I took the quopte above from the blog LenoreEverMore.  It's charming -- check it out!



I'd love to help you with your home.  Contact me through SofasandSage@gmail.com. 


3 comments:

  1. All beautiful. I particularly love the brick house. My grandparents lived in an old brick farmhouse so that really brings back a lot of warm childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The detail (1st pic) reminds me of Victorian doll house, Carol! so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a charming house. Love the lush gardens that surround it.
    xo E + J

    ReplyDelete