Friday, October 22, 2010

Color and a Model. Great Inspiration.

So yesterday my girlfriend takes me to the model of the home they're building here in North Carolina.   (I'm visiting for the first time since she moved.  Far away from me.  I have no one to play with anymore.  But I digress.)  Can you say envious?  I can.  Can't be jealous.  By definition that means I wouldn't want them to have it.   So I'm just a bit green.  Why?  It's all about the fact that she's starting from scratch with this new house.  New color pallet and new opportunities for complete creativity and thrifty projects.  Now that's fun in my world, and in hers, too.

The decor in this model is fresh and young.  I loved the color combinations the designer used.  See what you think...















I love the gray drapes and the teal faux-Romans with the gray banding.  Very nice detail that you catch when you go up the stairs (where I'm standing talking this picture).







The Master Bed and Bath...






This is one of the 4 bedrooms.





The girl's bedroom...









These are just some of the rooms in this model home.  I hope you take away a little color inspiration from these fresh, current combinations.  I can't wait to see what my girlfriend does in her version of this house -- I know there'll be some inspired things from her, as well (months from now, unfortunately!).


Talk to you soon,
Carol

2 comments:

  1. I like it when designers step out of the box a bit, especially in model homes that should serve as inspiration (or, at least, I think so!). Thanks for sharing this one, -s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, I love this model home! You're right, the colors are so fresh and lively; they make this place feel so youthful. Love those pillows on the bed in the mbr!

    ReplyDelete