Saturday, February 9, 2013

Window Seats with Pillows

So, I was searching Pinterest for images of pillows to share, and a common thread was window seats.  Oh how I love them.  And want them (or just one, please?) in my home.  Since I won't be showing you  my non-existent one, which would be packed with fabulous pillows, here are some great ones from across the net.

The patterns in this stairway with the texture of the pillows is dreamy...





This next one is a bit to the left of my personal style, but I love it.  Texture and attention-getting color have a striking affect...



Three patterns, connecting the seat to the outdoors through color...



I'm not a fan of the woodwork in the framing of this next one, but pattern repetition has a great impact, especially when punctuated by the deep colored pillow in the center...





I really like the matching pillows framing the completely rumpled and relaxed center pillows.  Makes me want to sit and close my eyes in the sun of that window!





This next one really tugs at me because of the architectural detail, and the mix of pillows is as nicely tailored as the space.


Source: flickr.com via Carol on Pinterest



Um.  Hello.  Who wouldn't want this next one, when it comes with that view?  Don't those pillows help create the relaxed feeling when you look at this image?






Sometimes, repeating something loud says volumes...

Source: google.com via Carol on Pinterest



Yes, I'll take a window seat, with no window, in my kitchen...

And, I'll talk to you soon...

3 comments:

  1. How did I miss that you started a new blog? Was I sick?

    These are really beautiful! I absolutely love the little window seat room with the oval window and wonder if I could do that in my upstairs hallway. But I'm absolutely fascinated by that dust mop pouf on the floor of that one room.

    Was looking at your shop this morning. That Kasler embroidery pillow is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol....I love the new blog and your pillows are beautiful! Good luck...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post for your new location. I have to say #6 photo with the oval window is heavenly ....I am keeping that window in mind.

    ReplyDelete