Sunday, February 24, 2013

Blue and White Rooms

Blue and white rooms are just plain classic.  I never tire of looking at them, admiring them, wishing I had one.  I've used a lot of blue over the years, usually mixed with green, but never have I done it with white.

So, to start this week, I thought I would start with the blues (in the very best sense...)



Source: johndd.com via Carol on Pinterest


This image above is just so gorgeous,  I love every single thing about it.  The scale of the pattern on the host chairs is just perfection, isn't it?





See those checks above?  I don't care what trends come and go, I will always, always, love checks.  I think the casualness of it here is a perfect balance to all the elegant porcelain.



Source: johndd.com via Carol on Pinterest


And the wallpaper above, can you even stand it?  To die for.  Seriously. And the leading edge blue on the drapes is stunning.

The profile on the chair below makes me take a breath.  It is startling, don't you think?  Makes you say "wow" even if you're not crazy about blue, I think.






So this is what I think is amazing about the image above -- that chest is so authentic, so slightly humble, and it's against a wall with high gloss navy.  And of course, I'm loving those drapes peaking in to the picture (my first love will always be window treatments, even if I'm into pillows, too).





Being a topiary freak, I'm blown away by this mantel vignette, above.  Simple and elegant.  I'm all over it.

This final picture puts me in such a serene mood, just looking at it.  Even with the season of greenery behind us, I am smitten with this image, and I want to stay in this room in a bed and breakfast in the mountains.





On Sunday nights, like tonight, I am always a bit blue about starting the week.  Two days off from deadlines and schedules is never enough :)  But, I hope these blue images bring a happy start to your week!

Carol


2 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I had to pin nearly all of them. :-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue and white is one of my favorite colors....great images!

    ReplyDelete