Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Window Wednesday: An updated Tudor

A few weeks back I posted that I was at a client's house measuring for dining room window treatments, and showed part of their family room here.  I thought you'd like to see what we're considering for the drapes and roman shade.

First, here are the windows up for a new look.  Is this the most gorgeous molding ever?  The homeowner and his buddy did it themselves.  Impressive.








Now, a look at the plan I'm proposing.  The bump-out window will be dressed in a Roman shade in a flax-colored linen with a slate blue crewel pattern.  It will be "held up" by straps of a flat braid Robert Allen trim.  The crewel linen is a gorgeous-in-person Telafina fabric.  I am in love with this one, people.  I wish you could see the quality of it.  The windows will wear drapery panels, done in a blocked design of a solid flax linen on the top portion and the crewel linen as a bottom boarder, divided by the same braid, and starting at the window sill height.  (Sounds like I'm describing the red carpet, doesn't it, lol?  Well, this room deserves that kind of treatment.)  The goal is a relaxed formality, and I believe this achieves that look.

First, here on the fabrics.  I promise they are dead-on coordinated in person.  The lighting was weird today, and the colors are a bit off, but you get the idea...









Here are the sketches of what it will look like all done-up.  My scanner was cranky and low on ink, so the second image is a bit more lame than the first.  (Work with me, it's late at night as I post!)








Hmm.  These sketches don't look that great, but this is all I've got in me tonight!  The end result, though, I can't wait to show you.  Different treatments in the same room, you might be asking?  Read my thoughts about that here.

Oh, and please remember...

If you would like me to solve a window issue, suggest a treatment, critique what you have, or anything window related, please send me an email and picture to SofasandSage@gmail.com. The only requirements are that you 1. Become a Follower in the right hand column, or let me know that you already are, and 2. Leave a comment on this post.

What are you putting on your windows these days?

Talk to you soon,
Carol






Let's work together for the home you've always wanted.  Email at SofasandSage@gmail.com

9 comments:

  1. Carol, I love love the linen crewel fabric and the braid trim is going to look amazing. The wall color with the white wainscoting is gorgeous. I love it!! Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paneling/winscoting the did is really beautiful. LOVE IT! I think this is the perfect solution for the room. Particularly love how the patterned fabric balances the blue paint up top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the drapery panels, Carol. Beautiful fabric and trim choice for this room. Can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that fabric - it's going to look beautiful! Is that Ben Moore's Amsterdam on the walls? That blue looks like the one I have in my bathroom.
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it all! I'm going to move into that gorgeous room when you're done. I'm sure they won't mind! :-)

    P.S. i would love to take you up on your offer. let's talk more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is such a pretty room to start and now it will be AWESOME at night and during the day. They will have to have a dinner when it is completed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, I can't wait to see! it looks perfect!!!
    Stacy
    PS-- thank you SO much for your sweet comments - they mean so much to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's such a nice treat getting a glimpse into your design process!Beautiful fabrics! Count me in! Can't wait to see the finished project as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First, your vision for the windows is stunning, the fabrics to die for! I would love to know what the crewel fabric is...yum! Next, love your idea for helping readers with their window treatments...it gets me thinking!

    Cathy @ Room Rx

    ReplyDelete